Following is information on companies for which stock analysts upgraded shares today:
- Gladstone Commercial (NASDAQ:GOOD): Hilliard Lyons upgraded its rating on this stock from Neutral to Long-term Buy and changed its price target to $19. About the company: Gladstone Commercial Corporation was created to invest in and own net leased industrial and commercial real estate property and making long-term industrial and commercial mortgage loans. The company is actively seeking and evaluating properties for potential acquisition or mortgage financing.
- Sprint Nextel (NYSE:S): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its price target on this stock from Sell to Hold. About the company: Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Wright Express (NYSE:WXS): Morgan Keegan upgraded its rating on this stock from Mkt Perform to Outperform and gave a price target of $58. About the company: Wright Express Corp. provides payment processing and information management services to the United States commercial and government vehicle fleet industry. The Company markets services directly to businesses and government agencies with vehicle fleets, automotive manufacturers, fuel retailers.
- EMC (NYSE:EMC): Collins Stewart upgraded its rating on this stock from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target from $30 to $32. About the company: EMC Corporation provides enterprise storage systems, software, networks, and services. The Company’s products store, retrieve, manage, protect, and share information from all major computing environments and mainframe platforms. EMC operates offices around the world.
- LHC Group (NASDAQ:LHCG): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this stock from Underperform to Neutral and changed its price target from $17 to $20. About the company: LHC Group Inc. provides post-acute healthcare services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries in rural markets in the southern United States. The company provides home-based services through home nursing agencies and hospices and facility-based services through long-term acute care hospitals and outpatient rehabilitation clinics.
- Almost Family (NASDAQ:AFAM): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this stock from Underperform to Neutral and gave a price target of $21. About the company: Almost Family, Inc. provides adult day health services to older and special needs adults as an alternative to nursing home placement. The Company also operates a visiting nurse service.
- Merge Healthcare (NASDAQ:MRGE): Robert W. Baird upgraded its rating on this stock from Neutral to Outperform and changed its price target from $6 to $8. About the company: Merge Healthcare Inc. provides medical imaging and information management software and services. The Company offers clinical and medical imaging software applications and development tools.
- Nxstage Medical (NASDAQ:NXTM): Rodman & Renshaw upgraded its rating on this stock from Mkt Underperform to Mkt Perform. No price target was given. About the company: NxStage Medical, Inc. is medical device company that develops, manufactures, and markets systems for the treatment of end-stage renal disease, or ESRD, and acute kidney failure. The Company’s primary product, the NxStage System One, is a small, portable hemodialysis system.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from here. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>