Following are 12 of his picks on May 25th. What do you think about these calls? Some interesting stats for the number crunchers:
1) The median market cap of these 12 stocks is 8.662B.
2) The average market cap is 48.787B.
3) The maximum market cap is 311.4B.
4) The minimum market cap is 1.474B.
5) The median stock is 9.25% off its high and 75.50% off its 52-week low.
6) The average stock is 10.46% off its high and 81.08% off its 52-week low.
7) The best-performing stock has increased 199.50% from its 52-week low.
8) The worst-performing stock has increased only 9.38% from its 52-week low.
Table: 12 Of Jim Cramer Calls on May 25th
|Company||Jim Cramer’s call||Exchange:Ticker||Price @ 05 25 mkt close||Market Cap||52-week high||52-week low||% off high||% off low|
|Shanda Games Limited||Sell||(NASDAQ:GAME)||$6.87||1.947B||7.70||4.99||10.78%||37.68%|
|Life Time Fitness Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:LTM)||$36.51||1.474B||44.25||30.39||17.49%||20.14%|
|Annaly Capital Management, Inc.||Buy||(NYSE:NLY)||$17.95||14.598B||18.54||16.41||3.18%||9.38%|
|Panera Bread Co.||Buy||(NASDAQ:PNRA)||$123.83||3.696B||129.99||72.64||4.74%||70.47%|
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI), Verizon (NYSE:VZ) and Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM).
2. Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU): Baidu, Inc. operates an Internet search engine. The Company offers algorithmic search, enterprise search, pay for performance and news, MP3, and image searches. Competitors to Watch: Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).
3. Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM): Salesforce.com, Inc. provides software on demand. The Company supplies a customer relationship management service to businesses worldwide providing a technology platform for customers and developers to build and run business applications. Clients use Salesforce.com to manage their customer, sales and operational data. Competitors to Watch: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Servicesource Intl. Inc (NASDAQ:SREV), SAP AG (NYSE:SAP), NetSuite Inc. (NYSE:N), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Pegasystems Inc. (NASDAQ:PEGA), LivePerson, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPSN), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Constant Contact, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTCT).
4. Shanda Games Limited (NASDAQ:GAME): Shanda Games Ltd. develops, sources and operates Internet games in China.
5. Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches. Competitors to Watch: Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Bidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).
6. Life Time Fitness Inc. (NYSE:LTM): LIFE TIME FITNESS, Inc. operates sports, fitness, and recreation centers in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, Arizona, and Texas. The Company offers fitness centers, personal training services, LifeSpa services, LifeCafe nutritional food and beverage services, “Experience Life” magazine, corporate wellness programs, athletic events, and other services.
7. NetSuite Inc. (NYSE:N): NetSuite Inc. provides relationship management software solutions . The Company offers a comprehensive suite of enterprise resource planning, or ERP, customer relationship management, or CRM, and e-commerce solutions.
8. Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX): Netflix Inc. is an online movie rental service. The Company ships DVDs with no due dates or late fees, directly to the subscriber’s address. Netflix also provides background information on DVD releases, including critic reviews, member reviews and ratings, and personalized movie recommendations. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), Dish Networks (NASDAQ:DISH), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), AOL (NYSE:AOL), Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC), DirecTV (NASDAQ:DTV), TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), Echostar (NASDAQ:SATS), Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSTR), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) and IMAX (NASDAQ:IMAX).
9. Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
10. OpenTable, Inc. (NASDAQ:OPEN): OpenTable, Inc. provides free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners through an online booking service. The Company also offers reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. OpenTable allows users to search for tables based on desired criteria for cuisine, price, and location.
11. Panera Bread Co. (NASDAQ:PNRA): Panera Bread Company owns and franchises bakery cafes. The Company’s bakeries operate under the Panera Bread and Saint Louis Bread Co. names. Panera operates throughout the United States and offers free broadband Wi-Fi network. Competitors to Watch: McDonald’s Corporation (NYSE:MCD), Good Times Restaurants Inc. (NASDAQ:GTIMD), Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM), Carrols Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TAST), Sonic Corporation (NASDAQ:SONC), Wendy’s Arby’s Group Inc. (NYSE:WEN), Chipotle (NYSE:CMG), Ruby Tuesday, Inc. (NYSE:RT), Panera Bread Company (NASDAQ:PNRA), and Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX).
12. RealD Inc. (NYSE:RLD): RealD Inc. is a global licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional), or 3D, technologies. The Company licenses its Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also offers active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors.