AOL Among These Companies Beating Q3 Earnings
Following is information on companies whose earnings beat expectations in the third quarter of 2011.
- AOL Inc. (NYSE:AOL): The company reported earnings per share of ($0.02) against expectations of ($0.06) for a surprise of 66.67%. About the company: AOL Inc is a web services company. The Company’s business spans online content, products and services that the company offers consumers, publishers and advertisers. AOL focuses on attracting consumers and providing online advertising services on company owned and operated properties as well as third party websites. AOL also operates an internet subscription access service.
- Albany International Corporation (NYSE:AIN): The company reported earnings per share of $0.46 against expectations of $0.42 for a surprise of 9.52%. About the company: Albany International Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets paper machine clothing. Paper machine clothing consists of large continuous belts of engineered fabrics that are installed on paper machines and carry the paper stock through each stage of the paper production process. The Company sells its products in the United States, Canada, and overseas.
- Allete, Inc. (NYSE:ALE): The company reported earnings per share of $0.57 against expectations of $0.54 for a surprise of 5.56%. About the company: ALLETE, Inc. provides energy services in the upper Midwest United States. The Company generates, transmits, distributes, markets, and trades electrical power for retail and wholesale customers.
- Almost Family Inc (NASDAQ:AFAM): The company reported earnings per share of $0.54 against expectations of $0.52 for a surprise of 3.85%. About the company: Almost Family, Inc. provides adult day health services to older and special needs adults as an alternative to nursing home placement. The Company also operates a visiting nurse service.
- Alvarion Ltd. (NASDAQ:ALVR): The company reported earnings per share of $0.01 against expectations of ($0.02) for a surprise of 150.00%. About the company: Alvarion Ltd. provides point-to-multipoint wireless access solutions to telecommunications carriers, service providers, and enterprises worldwide. The Company’s systems are used for providing Internet access and voice and data services for subscribers in the last mile, for feeding of cellular networks, for building connectivity, and for wireless local area network.
- Amerco (NASDAQ:UHAL): The company reported earnings per share of $5.20 against expectations of $4.27 for a surprise of 21.78%. About the company: AMERCO is the holding company for U-Haul International, Inc., Amerco Real Estate Company, Republic Western Insurance Company, and Oxford Life Insurance Company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers rental of trucks, trailers, and self storage space, as well as property and casualty insurance and life insurance products.
- American Equity Investment Life (NYSE:AEL): The company reported earnings per share of $0.67 against expectations of $0.46 for a surprise of 45.65%. About the company: American Equity Investment Life Holding Company develops, markets, issues, and administers annuities and life insurance products through its subsidiaries. The Company is a full-service underwriter of an array of annuity and insurance products, and is licensed to sell its products throughout the United States.
- American Reprographics Company (NYSE:ARC): The company reported earnings per share of $0.02 against expectations of $0.01 for a surprise of 100.00%. About the company: American Reprographics Company provides reprographic technology and services. The Company provides services that include scanning, imaging, and managing black and white and color documents.
- American Safety Insurance Holding (NYSE:ASI): The company reported earnings per share of $0.54 against expectations of $0.51 for a surprise of 5.88%. About the company: American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, develops, underwrites, manages, and markets primary casualty insurance and reinsurance programs in the alternative insurance market for environmental risks, and other specialty risks.
- Anika Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ANIK): The company reported earnings per share of $0.22 against expectations of $0.11 for a surprise of 100.00%. About the company: Anika Therapeutics, Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapeutic products and devices. The Company’s products, based on hyaluronic acid, promote the repair, protection, and healing of bone, cartilage, and soft tissue. Anika’s products include ORTHOVISC and HYVISC which treat osteoarthritis.
(Note: Earnings data are sourced from Yahoo! Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
Check out our analysis of Jim Cramer’s latest stock calls