Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Apollo Group Inc. (NASDAQ:APOL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Apollo Group Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Sperling John G: act as Exec Chrmn of the Board. On 07/07/2011, sold 397,289 shares, worth $19,415,500.
- Sperling John G: act as Exec Chrmn of the Board. On 07/06/2011, sold 375,000 shares, worth $17,756,300.
- Sperling John G: act as Exec Chrmn of the Board. On 07/08/2011, sold 302,711 shares, worth $14,751,100.
- Sperling John G: act as Exec Chrmn of the Board. On 07/13/2011, sold 201,401 shares, worth $10,076,100.
- Sperling John G: act as Exec Chrmn of the Board. On 08/01/2011, sold 152,806 shares, worth $7,739,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Apollo Group Inc. in Q3 2011:
- GLENVIEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,968,050 shares, worth $85,964,424. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RUANE, CUNNIFF & GOLDFARB INC: On 06/30/2011, held 703,260 shares, worth $30,718,397. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- STANDARD PACIFIC CAPITAL LLC/CA: On 06/30/2011, held 681,098 shares, worth $29,750,361. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $21,840,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Apollo Group, Inc. provides higher education programs for working adults. The Company provides educational programs and services at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels online and on-campus through subsidiaries.
Competitors to Watch: Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO), DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV), Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (NASDAQ:COCO), Strayer Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA), Grand Canyon Education Inc (NASDAQ:LOPE), American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:APEI), ITT Educational Services, Inc. (NYSE:ESI), National American Univ. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:NAUH), Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE:BPI), and Education Management Corp (NASDAQ:EDMC).
(Note: Data regarding Apollo Group Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>