Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Apple Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Levinson Arthur D: act as Director. On 11/01/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $5,954,600.
- Sewell D Bruce: act as SVP, Gen’l Counsel, Secretary. On 09/22/2011, sold 13,572 shares, worth $5,480,000.
- Campbell William V: act as Director. On 07/25/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $3,899,600.
- Jung Andrea: act as Director. On 11/21/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $3,670,000.
- Rafael Betsy: act as VP, Corporate Controller. On 10/21/2011, sold 7,595 shares, worth $3,022,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Apple Inc. in Q3 2011:
- GLENVIEW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 482,159 shares, worth $161,846,312. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 466,000 shares, worth $156,422,220. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 416,453 shares, worth $139,790,779. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 294,391 shares, worth $98,818,227. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TD SECURITIES (USA) LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 263,773 shares, worth $88,540,683. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers.
Competitors to Watch: Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Dell Inc. (NASDAQ:DELL), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Lenovo Group Limited (LNVGY), Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMCI), and Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK).
(Note: Data regarding Apple Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>