Archer Daniels Midland: Major Shareholders Supporting the Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE:ADM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Archer Daniels Midland Company’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Young Ray G: act as Sr. Vice President. On 08/18/2011, bought 4,000 shares, worth $109,700.
- Luciano Juan R: act as Executive V.P. & COO. On 08/18/2011, bought 3,650 shares, worth $100,400.
- Dufour Pierre: act as Director. On 08/17/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $56,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Archer Daniels Midland Company in Q3 2011:
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,014,500 shares, worth $148,317,570.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 437,563 shares, worth $10,790,304.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 429,656 shares, worth $10,595,317.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 337,966 shares, worth $8,334,242.
- CAXTON ASSOCIATES LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 250,957 shares, worth $6,188,600.
About the company: Archer-Daniels-Midland Company procures, transports, stores, processes, and merchandises agricultural commodities and products. The Company processes oilseeds, corn, milo, oats, barley, peanuts, and wheat. Archer-Daniels-Midland also processes produce products which have primarily two end uses including food or feed ingredients.
Competitors to Watch: Bunge Limited (NYSE:BG), MGP Ingredients, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGPI), Corn Products Intl., Inc. (NYSE:CPO), CHS Inc. (NASDAQ:CHSCP), General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS), SunOpta, Inc. (NASDAQ:STKL), Gruma S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE:GMK), TreeHouse Foods Inc. (NYSE:THS), Seaboard Corporation (AMEX:SEB), and Monsanto Company (NYSE:MON).
(Note: Data regarding Archer Daniels Midland Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>