Arkansas Best: Exec Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Arkansas Best Corporation (NASDAQ:ABFS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Arkansas Best Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Mcreynolds Judy R: act as President & CEO. On 08/23/2011, bought 2,600 shares, worth $48,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Arkansas Best Corporation in Q3 2011:
- TRELLUS MANAGEMENT COMPANY, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 189,000 shares, worth $3,048,570.
- PALISADES INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 149,000 shares, worth $2,403,370.
- ALLIANZ GLOBAL INVESTORS OF AMERICA L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 121,700 shares, worth $1,963,021.
- EAGLE BOSTON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 105,480 shares, worth $1,701,392.
- EATON VANCE MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 100,273 shares, worth $1,617,403.
About the company: Arkansas Best Corporation is a diversified holding company involved in motor carrier transportation and intermodal transportation operations. The Company transports a variety of goods around the world.
Competitors to Watch: YRC Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:YRCW), Saia Inc. (NASDAQ:SAIA), Con-way Inc. (NYSE:CNW), J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBHT), Roadrunner Transportation Services Hold. (NYSE:RRTS), Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ:ODFL), USA Truck, Inc. (NASDAQ:USAK) and Celadon Group, Inc. (NYSE:CGI).
(Note: Data regarding Arkansas Best Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>