Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Associated Estates Realty Corp. (NYSE:AEC).
SEC data indicate that no insiders have bought Associated Estates Realty Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Associated Estates Realty Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 960,302 shares, worth $14,683,018.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 345,847 shares, worth $5,288,001.
- MAGNETAR FINANCIAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 50,956 shares, worth $779,117.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 46,152 shares, worth $705,664.
- STATE OF NEW JERSEY COMMON PENSION FUND E: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 45,000 shares, worth $688,050.
About the company: Associated Estates Realty Corporation operates as a self-administered and self managed real estate investment trust. The Company specializes in the development, acquisition, ownership and management of multifamily properties in the Midwest and currently owns or is a joint venture partner in multifamily properties in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Western Pennsylvania.
Competitors to Watch: Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP), UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE:AVB), Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME), Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PPS), and Apartment Investment and Management Co. (NYSE:AIV).
(Note: Data regarding Associated Estates Realty Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>