Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Associated Estates Realty Corp. (NYSE:AEC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Associated Estates Realty Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Friedman Jeffrey I: act as Chairman, President & CEO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 08/24/2011, sold 50,000 shares, worth $839,500.
- Delaney James M: act as Director. On 08/12/2011, sold 4,000 shares, worth $66,700.
- Friedman Jason A: act as VP, Construction & Development. On 08/17/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $50,600.
- Delaney James M: act as Director. On 10/31/2011, sold 3,000 shares, worth $50,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Associated Estates Realty Corp. in Q3 2011:
- FMR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 155,800 shares, worth $2,478,778. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BLACKTHORN INVESTMENT GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 66,913 shares, worth $1,064,586. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 47,209 shares, worth $751,095. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALASKA RETIREMENT MANAGEMENT BOARD: On 06/30/2011, held 23,910 shares, worth $380,408. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 22,200 shares, worth $353,202. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Associated Estates Realty Corporation operates as a self-administered and self managed real estate investment trust. The Company specializes in the development, acquisition, ownership and management of multifamily properties in the Midwest and currently owns or is a joint venture partner in multifamily properties in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Western Pennsylvania.
Competitors to Watch: Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP), UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE:AVB), Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME), Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PPS), and Apartment Investment and Management Co. (NYSE:AIV).
(Note: Data regarding Associated Estates Realty Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>