Assurant: Institutional Investor Stock Buys in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Assurant Inc. (NYSE:AIZ).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Assurant Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DIAMONDBACK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 430,305 shares, worth $15,331,767.
- UBS OCONNOR LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 429,519 shares, worth $15,303,762.
- CI INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 228,500 shares, worth $8,141,455.
- QS INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 113,000 shares, worth $4,026,190.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 81,318 shares, worth $2,897,360.
About the company: Assurant, Inc. provides specialized insurance and insurance-related products. The Company offers individual and small employer group health insurance, group dental insurance, pre-funded funeral insurance, group disability and life insurance, creditor-placed homeowners insurance, manufactured housing homeowners insurance, debt protection administration, credit insurance, and warranties.
Competitors to Watch: Hartford Financial Services (NYSE:HIG), American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), HCC Insurance Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HCC), Hilltop Holdings Inc. (NYSE:HTH), The Allstate Corporation (NYSE:ALL), Old Republic Intl. Corp. (NYSE:ORI), American Intl. Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), and The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB).
(Note: Data regarding Assurant Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>