AutoNation: Insider and Institutional Investor Stock Sales in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of AutoNation Inc. (NYSE:AN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold AutoNation Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Lampert Edward S: act as 10% Owner. On 10/28/2011, sold 1,222,456 shares, worth $49,203,900.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundatio: act as (See Footnote 5). On 11/10/2011, sold 914,898 shares, worth $30,987,600.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundatio: act as (See Footnote 3). On 11/08/2011, sold 833,020 shares, worth $29,788,800.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundatio: act as (See Footnote 2). On 11/04/2011, sold 617,833 shares, worth $22,594,200.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundatio: act as (See Footnote 3). On 11/03/2011, sold 594,396 shares, worth $22,176,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of AutoNation Inc. in Q3 2011:
- THOMAS WHITE INTERNATIONAL LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 54,900 shares, worth $2,009,889. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 34,500 shares, worth $1,263,045. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JANE STREET HOLDING, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 29,378 shares, worth $1,075,529. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VTL ASSOCIATES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 25,344 shares, worth $927,844. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VINIK ASSET MANAGEMENT L P: On 06/30/2011, held 25,000 shares, worth $915,250. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: AutoNation, Inc. retails, finances, and services new and used vehicles. The Company also provides other related services and products, such as the sale of parts and accessories, extended service contracts, aftermarket automotive products, and collision repair services. AutoNation operates throughout the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Group one Automotive, Inc. (NYSE:GPI), Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:PAG), Sonic Automotive, Inc. (NYSE:SAH), Asbury Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:ABG), Copart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CPRT), CarMax, Inc (NYSE:KMX), Lentuo Intl. Inc (ADR) (NYSE:LAS), Lithia Motors, Inc. (NYSE:LAD), AutoChina Intl. Ltd. (NASDAQ:AUTC), General Motors (NYSE:GM), Toyota (NYSE:T), Ford (NYSE:F), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO) and America’s Car-Mart, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRMT).
(Note: Data regarding AutoNation Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>