Avalonbay Communities: Exec Insiders and Funds Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Avalonbay Communities Inc. (NYSE:AVB).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Avalonbay Communities Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Sargeant Thomas J: act as CFO. On 11/08/2011, sold 60,451 shares, worth $7,902,200.
- Blair Bryce: act as CEO. On 11/11/2011, sold 39,312 shares, worth $4,998,900.
- Blair Bryce: act as CEO. On 09/07/2011, sold 21,400 shares, worth $2,877,900.
- Blair Bryce: act as CEO. On 08/31/2011, sold 21,400 shares, worth $2,864,000.
- Blair Bryce: act as CEO. On 08/17/2011, sold 21,400 shares, worth $2,833,400.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Avalonbay Communities Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BROOKFIELD INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 583,530 shares, worth $74,370,899. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 113,300 shares, worth $14,440,085. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREEN ARROW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 88,500 shares, worth $11,279,325. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 84,059 shares, worth $10,713,320. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 56,868 shares, worth $7,247,827. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
Competitors to Watch: UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), Apartment Investment and Management Co. (NYSE:AIV), Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PPS), Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), and Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME).
(Note: Data regarding Avalonbay Communities Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>