Avalonbay Communities: Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Avalonbay Communities Inc. (NYSE:AVB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Avalonbay Communities Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 536,160 shares, worth $61,149,048.
- TURNER INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 233,804 shares, worth $26,665,346.
- HARRISON STREET SECURITIES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 207,051 shares, worth $23,614,167.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 125,900 shares, worth $14,358,895.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 116,414 shares, worth $13,277,017.
About the company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
Competitors to Watch: UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR), Apartment Investment and Management Co. (NYSE:AIV), Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS), Camden Property Trust (NYSE:CPT), Mid-America Apartment (NYSE:MAA), Post Properties, Inc. (NYSE:PPS), Colonial Properties Trust (NYSE:CLP), BRE Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BRE), and Home Properties, Inc. (NYSE:HME).
(Note: Data regarding Avalonbay Communities Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>