Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Avon Products Inc. (NYSE:AVP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Avon Products Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HERNDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 1,743,245 shares, worth $47,660,318. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FAIRVIEW CAPITAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 573,000 shares, worth $15,665,820. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DAVIS SELECTED ADVISERS: On 06/30/2011, held 423,960 shares, worth $11,591,066. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIRGINIA RETIREMENT SYSTEMS ET AL: On 06/30/2011, held 358,646 shares, worth $9,805,382. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 309,942 shares, worth $8,473,814. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and direct sells beauty and related products. The Company markets its products to consumers worldwide through independent sales representatives. Avon’s product line includes beauty, fashion and home.
Competitors to Watch: The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL), Revlon, Inc. (NYSE:REV), Alberto-Culver Company (NYSE:ACV), Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:NUS), Inter Parfums, Inc. (NASDAQ:IPAR), Colgate-Palmolive Company (NYSE:CL), USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:USNA), Elizabeth Arden, Inc. (NASDAQ:RDEN), Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF), and Parlux Fragrances, Inc. (NASDAQ:PARL).
(Note: Data regarding Avon Products Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>