Axis Capital Holdings: Institutions Supporting Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:AXS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. in Q3 2011:
- ORBIS HOLDINGS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,385,796 shares, worth $61,887,548.
- F&C ASSET MANAGEMENT PLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 362,622 shares, worth $9,406,415.
- SAMLYN CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 320,500 shares, worth $8,313,770.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 97,800 shares, worth $2,536,932.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 87,215 shares, worth $2,262,357.
About the company: Axis Capital Holdings Limited provides specialty lines and treaty reinsurance on a global basis. Specialty lines primarily includes onshore and offshore energy, aviation and aerospace, commercial property and marine. Treaty reinsurance covers catastrophe risks such as property, Workers’ Compensation, professional liability, casualty, and marine and aviation.
Competitors to Watch: Aspen Insurance Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:AHL), Validus Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE:VR), RenaissanceRe Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:RNR), PartnerRe Ltd. (NYSE:PRE), Flagstone Reinsurance Hldgs. SA (NYSE:FSR), Platinum Underwriters Hldgs., Ltd. (NYSE:PTP), Montpelier Re Hldgs. Ltd. (NYSE:MRH), Everest Re Group, Ltd. (NYSE:RE), and Maiden Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MHLD).
(Note: Data regarding Axis Capital Holdings Ltd.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>