Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of BancorpSouth, Inc. (NYSE:BXS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of BancorpSouth, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HEARTLAND ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,344,094 shares, worth $29,066,766. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AMERICAN CENTURY COMPANIES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 376,075 shares, worth $4,663,330. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WASHINGTON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 163,828 shares, worth $2,031,467. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SEI TRUST CO: On 06/30/2011, held 156,600 shares, worth $1,941,840. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- D. E. SHAW & CO. INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 79,166 shares, worth $981,658. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: BancorpSouth, Inc. is the holding company for BancorpSouth Bank. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and originates a variety of loans. BancorpSouth operates in Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana. The Company also provides investment services, consumer finance, credit life insurance, and insurance agency services.
Competitors to Watch: Cadence Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:CADE), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF), Trustmark Corporation (NASDAQ:TRMK), First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN), Renasant Corp. (NASDAQ:RNST), Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), Hancock Holding Company (NASDAQ:HBHC), and PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC).
(Note: Data regarding BancorpSouth, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>