Bank Analyst Share Upgrades and Downgrades Today
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded the shares on October 27th.
- Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO): UBS upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy and changed its price target from $17 to $19.75. About the company: Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- Owens Corning (NYSE:OC): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy. Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $36. About the company: Owens Corning Inc. offers insulation, roofing, siding, basement and acoustic systems for building and remodeling, composites solutions and asphalt.
- Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK): The Benchmark Company downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold and changed its price target from $13 to $11. About the company: Overstock.com, Inc. offers discounted brand-name merchandise for sale over the Internet. Products include bed-and-bath goods, kitchenware, jewelry, sporting goods, electronics, and designer accessories.
- True Religion (NASDAQ:TRLG): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: True Religion Apparel, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells through its wholly-owned subsidiary Guru Denim, Inc under the True Religion Brand Jeans trademarks. The Company sells its jeans in the United States and abroad to upscale retailers and boutiques. This includes Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Bergdorf Goodman, Urban Outfitters and other fashion boutiques.
- Chevron (NYSE:CVX): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Chevron Corporation is an integrated energy company with operations in countries located around the world. The Company produces and transports crude oil and natural gas. Chevron also refines, markets, and distributes fuels as well as is involved in chemical operations, mining operations, power generation and energy services.
- Toreador Royalty (NASDAQ:TRGL): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Toreador Resources Corporation is an independent, international energy company. The Company acquires, develops, explores and produces developed, producing, and undeveloped properties for natural gas, crude oil and other minerals deposits.
- Foster Wheeler (NASDAQ:FWLT): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Foster Wheeler AG provides design, engineering, construction, manufacturing, project development and management, research, plant operations, and environmental services. The Company serves the petrochemical, petroleum and gas, pharmaceutical, chemical processing, and other industries. Foster Wheeler’s products include fired heaters and steam generating units.
- Posco (NYSE:PKX): Standpoint Research downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- Capstead Mortgage (NYSE:CMO): Wunderlich downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Capstead Mortgage Corporation is a real estate investment trust and earns income from investing in real-estate related assets on a leveraged basis. The Company’s investments currently consist primarily of residential ARM securities issued and guaranteed by government-sponsored entities.
- Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED): BB&T Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Underweight. About the company: Amedisys, Inc. is a multi-regional provider of alternate-site health care services. The Company offers home health care nursing, home infusion therapy, and ambulatory surgery centers. Amedisys operates offices within a network of subsidiaries in the southern and southeastern United States.
- AXT (NASDAQ:AXTI): Northland Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Market Perform and changed its price target from $12 to $7.5. About the company: AXT, Inc. uses a proprietary crystal growth technique to produce semiconductor substrates for a variety of electronic and optoelectronic applications. The Company’s products are used in wireless and fiber optic telecommunications, lasers, LEDs, satellite solar cells, and consumer electronics.
- Advanced Micro (NYSE:AMD): Avian downgraded its rating on this company from Positive to Neutral. About the company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. manufactures semiconductor products. The Company manufactures products that include microprocessors, embedded microprocessors, chipsets, graphics, video and multimedia products. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. offers its products on a global basis.
- United Bankshares (NASDAQ:UBSI): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: United Bankshares, Inc. is a holding company that, through its subsidiaries, operates a network of offices in West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, and Washington, D.C. The Banks attract deposits from the general public and originates a variety of loan products.
- Fusion-io (NYSE:FIO): Stifel Nicolaus downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: iShares FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the FTSE NAREIT Industrial/Office Capped Index.
- Hologic (NASDAQ:HOLX): Ticonderoga downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets x-ray systems. The Company makes x-ray bone densitometers that measure the precise bone density for use in the diagnosing of metabolic bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Visa (NYSE:V): FBR Capital downgraded its rating on this company from Outperform to Mkt Perform. About the company: Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>