Bank Analysts Issue These Stock Ratings August 29th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts issued ratings on August 29th.
- Barnes Group (NYSE:B): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy. No price target was given. About the company: Barnes Group Inc. is a diversified international manufacturer of precision metal parts and is a distributor of industrial supplies, serving a wide range of markets and customers. The Company’s products include precision mechanical and nitrogen gas springs and aircraft engine and airframe components and assemblies. Barnes also distributes maintenance, repair, and operating supplies.
- Granite Constr (NYSE:GVA): BB&T Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy. No price target was given. About the company: Granite Construction Incorporated is a heavy civil construction and transportation contractor serving both public and private sector clients. The Company concentrates on infrastructure projects including the construction of roads, bridges, dams, tunnels, mass transit facilities, and airports. Granite also performs site preparation services for the private sector.
- AMR (NYSE:AMR): Ticonderoga upgraded its rating on this company from Sell to Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: AMR Corporation operates an airline that provides scheduled passenger, freight, and mail service throughout North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Pacific. The Company also provides connecting service throughout the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. In addition, AMR provides aviation services, call center management services, and investment advisory services.
- SciQuest (NASDAQ:SQI): Barrington Research initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Outperform and a price target of $18.25. About the company: SciQuest, Inc. provides an on-demand procurement and supplier enablement solution that integrates customers with their suppliers. The Company’s software automates the source-to-settle process, identify and establish contracts with preferred suppliers, drive spend to those contracts, and process efficiencies through electronic transactions.
- Skullcandy (NASDAQ:SKUL): KeyBanc Capital Mkts initiated coverage of this company with a rating of Buy and a price target of $20. About the company: Skullcandy is a leading audio brand that reflects the collision of the music, fashion and action sports lifestyles.
- Qlik Tech (NASDAQ:QLIK): UBS reiterated its rating of Neutral for this company and changed its price target from $37 to $26. About the company: QLIK Technologies Inc. develops business intelligence solutions. The Company’s software platform combines enterprise-class analytics and search functionality into a single platform.
- Roper Inds (NYSE:ROP): Longbow reiterated its rating of Buy for this company and changed its price target from $98 to $88. About the company: Roper Industries, Inc. manufactures industrial controls, fluid handling, and analytical instrumentation products worldwide. Roper serves selected segments of a broad range of markets such as oil & gas, scientific research, medical diagnostics, semiconductor, refrigeration, automotive, water and wastewater, power generation, agricultural irrigation, and other niche industries.
- Pep Boys (NYSE:PBY): Argus reiterated its rating of Buy for this company and changed its price target from $17 to $13. About the company: The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack retails automotive parts and accessories, provides automotive maintenance and service, and installs parts. The Company operates PEP BOYS stores in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Universal Technical Institute (NYSE:UTI): Argus reiterated its rating of Buy for this company and changed its price target from $24 to $20. About the company: Universal Technical Institute Inc., through its Universal Technical Institute (NYSE:UTI) campuses, provide technical education training. The schools, offer through its UTI campuses, automotive, collision repair and refinishing, and diesel training. UTI also offers training in motorcycle, marine, and personal watercraft through its Motorcycle and Marine Mechanics Institutes.
- TeleTech (NASDAQ:TTEC): Oppenheimer reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $23 to $22. About the company: TeleTech Holdings, Inc. provides integrated customer management solutions to Fortune 500 and multinational companies located worldwide. The Company helps its clients acquire, serve, retain, and optimize customer relationships by managing all aspects of their customer interactions. TeleTech provides both live-agent and automated customer management.
- Genpact (NYSE:G): Oppenheimer reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $20 to $19. About the company: Genpact Limited manages business processes for companies around the world. The Company works with companies to help them streamline their business processes.
- Convergys (NYSE:CVG): Oppenheimer reiterated its rating of Outperform for this company and changed its price target from $16 to $14. About the company: Convergys Corporation is a global company specializing in relationship management. The Company’s encompass customer management which provides agent assisted services, automated self-service and technology solutions and information management, which provides business support system and operational support systems.
- Frontline (NYSE:FRO): FBR Capital Mkt reiterated its rating of Perform and changed its price target from $28 to $8. About the company: Frontline Limited owns a fleet of very large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports. The Company’s vessels are managed by ship management companies. Frontline conducts activities worldwide.
- Big Lots (NYSE:BIG): MKM Partners reiterated its rating of Buy and changed its price target from $34 to $36. About the company: Big Lots, Inc. is a broadline closeout retailer that operates stores across the United States. The Company’s stores offer an assortment of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal products,furniture, housewares, toys, and gifts.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>