Bank Analysts Issued New Grades on These Top Stocks June 7th
- eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY): Analysts at ThinkEquity upgraded the shares to Buy from Hold. About the company: eBay Inc. operates an online trading community. The Company’s service is used by buyers and sellers for the exchange of products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, as well as concert and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through a subsidiary, secure online payment services. Competitors to Watch: Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), GSI Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIC), Liquidity Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:LQDT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), BIDZ.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDZ), Gaiam, Inc. (NASDAQ:GAIA), U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:PRTS), HSN, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSNI), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY)
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. (NYSE:POT): Citigroup (NYSE:C) analysts upgraded the shares from Hold to Buy. About the company: Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. produces potash, phosphate, and nitrogen to the agricultural and industrial industries worldwide. The Company conducts operations in Canada, Chile, the United States, Brazil, and Trinidad.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA SAB de CV (NYSE:KOF): Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB) analysts upgraded the shares from Sell to Hold. Note that this is a bottler of Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), not the beverage company itself. About the company: Coca-Cola Femsa, S.A.B. de C.V. bottles beverages. The Company bottles and distributes branded beverages in Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, and Argentina. In some countries, Femsa also markets water, beer, and other products.
- NVR Inc. (NYSE:NVR): JMP Securities (NYSE:JMP) analysts downgraded the stock to Market Perform from Outperform. About the company: NVR, Inc. builds and markets homes and conducts mortgage banking activities. The Company builds single-family edtached homes, townhomes, and condominium buildings under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, and other tradenames. NVR provides a number of mortgage related services to its homebuilding customers and to other customers through its mortgage banking operations.
- Medco Health Solutions, Inc. (NYSE:MHS): FBR Capital analysts removed the company from its “Top Picks” list. About the company: Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- Coca-Cola Hellenic (NYSE:CCH): Citgroup (NYSE:C) analysts upgraded the stock from Hold to Buy. About the company: Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company S.A. produces, sells, and distributes soft drinks, fruit juices, and mineral water. The Company produces all kinds of Coca-Cola brand name products such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and Fanta. Coca-Cola Hellenic manufactures and distributes in 26 countries worldwide.
- DryShips (NASDAQ:DRYS): Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) analysts upgraded the stock to Buy from Neutral. About the company: DryShips Inc. owns and operates drybulk carriers. Commodities transported by the Company consist of major bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and steel products. The Company also owns Ultra Deep Water Rigs.
- Encore Energy (NYSE:ENP): Robert W. Baird analysts upgraded the stock to Outperform from Neutral. About the company: Encore Energy Partners LP explores for and produces oil and natural gas in the United States.
- Enersys (NYSE:ENS): Ardour Capital upgraded the stock to Buy from Accumulate. About the company: EnerSys manufactures, markets, and distributes industrial batteries. The Company also manufactures, markets, and distributes related products such as chargers, power equipment, and battery accessories. EnerSys provides related after-market and customer-support services for lead-acid industrial batteries.
- Forrest Laboratories (NYSE:FRX): JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) analysts upgraded the stock to Overweight from Neutral. About the company: Forest Laboratories, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells both branded and generic forms of ethical products which require a physician’s prescription. The Company also manufactures non-prescription pharmaceutical products sold over-the-counter, which are used for the treatment of a wide range of illnesses. Forest’s products are marketed in the United States and eastern Europe. Competitors to Watch: Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Merck (NYSE:MRK), Clinical Data (NASDAQ:CLDA), AstraZeneca (NYSE:AZN), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Lannett Company (AMEX:LCI), Mylan (NASDAQ:MYL), Watson Pharma (NYSE:WPI), Impax (NASDAQ:IPXL), Par Pharma (NYSE:PRX), Abbott Labs (NYSE:ABT) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE).
- Noble Corp. (NYSE:NE): FBR Capital analysts upgraded the company to Outperform from Market Perform. About the company: Noble Corporation provides diversified services for the oil and gas industry. The Company provides contract drilling services with its fleet of offshore drilling units located in markets worldwide. Noble also provides labor contract drilling services, well site and project management services, and engineering services.
- Newstar Financial (NASDAQ:NEWS): Keefe Bruyette analysts upgraded the stock from Market Perform to Outperform. About the company: NewStar Financial Inc. is a specialized finance company. The Company offers flexible debt capital solutions to mid-sized corporations ,real estate borrowers, securities issuers, and asset aggregators. NewStar helps finance acquisitions, consolidations, corporate growth, debtor-in-possession, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and refinancings.
- Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK): Piper Jaffray upgraded the shares from Overweight to Neutral. About the company: Quiksilver, Inc. designs, produces, and distributes branded apparel, winter sports and gold (NYSE:GLD) equipment, footwear, accessories, and related products. Competitors to Watch: Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:SHLD), Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M), Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE:KSS), The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ:BONT), Dillard’s, Inc. (NYSE:DDS), Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Nordtstrom (NYSE:JWN), The TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX), Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST) and Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT).
Another great read: Investing in Precious Metals: Comex Taking Physical Blows Left and Right>>