Bank Analysts: Upgrade and Downgrade These Stocks Today
Stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded these shares on October 3rd:
- Regal Entertainment (NYSE:RGC): MKM Partners upgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Buy. About the company: Regal Entertainment Group consists of the controlling interest in United Artists Theater Company, Edwards Theaters, Inc., Regal Cinemas Corporation, and their subsidiaries. The Group operates a chain of theaters in the United States under the Regal Cinemas, Edwards Theaters, and United Artists Theaters.
- Demandtec (NASDAQ:DMAN): JMP Securities upgraded its rating on this company from Mkt Perform to Mkt Outperform and changed its price target to $10. About the company: DemandTec, Inc. provides consumer demand management (CDM) software. The Company’s software captures and analyzes recent retailer and market-level data to provide a scientific understanding of consumer behavior.
- Savient Pharma (NASDAQ:SVNT): Summer Street Research upgraded its rating on this company from Sell to Neutral. About the company: Savient Pharmaceuticals Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets human health care products for niche and wider markets. The Company offers pharmaceutical products for a wide range of medical needs such as weight gain, drugs targeting the control of elevated uric acid levels in the blood, and rheumatology.
- AvalonBay (NYSE:AVB): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $134. About the company: AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a self-managed, fully-integrated multi-family real estate investment trust. The Company focuses on the ownership and operation of institutional-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. The markets are located in Northern and South California and in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest region.
- Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN): Stifel Nicolaus upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $280. About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- IdaCorp (NYSE:IDA): KeyBanc Capital Mkts upgraded its rating on this company from Hold to Buy and changed its price target to $41.5. About the company: IDACORP, Inc is the holding company for Idaho Power Company, an electric utility and IDACORP Energy, an energy marketing company. Idaho Power generates, purchases, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in southern Idaho, eastern Oregon, and northern Nevada. IDACORP Energy maintains electricity and natural gas marketing operations.
- Cormedix (AMEX:CRMD): Maxim Group downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Cormedix Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that seeks to in-license, develop, and commercialize therapeutic products for the treatment of cardia and renal dysfunction.
- Newport (NASDAQ:NEWP): Longbow downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. About the company: Newport Corporation supplies advanced technology products and solutions for fields such as Research, Life & Health Science, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Manufacturing, Semiconductors, and Microelectronics. The Company’s products include lasers and light sources, optomechanical components and mounts, optical filters and gratings, spectroscopic, and photonic instruments.
- Chico’s FAS (NYSE:CHS): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Chico’s FAS, Inc. sells private label women’s casual clothing and related accessories. The Company’s clothing includes tops, pants, shorts, skirts, and dresses. Chico’s owns and operates stores throughout the United States.
- New York & Co (NYSE:NWY): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: New York & Company, Inc. is a specialty retailer of women’s apparel products. The Company designs and sources its branded New York & Company merchandise sold exclusively through its network of retail stores nationwide.
- Gap (NYSE:GPS): KeyBanc Capital Mkts downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: The Gap, Inc., is an international specialty retailer operating retail and outlet stores. The Company sells casual apparel, accessories and personal care products for men, women, and children. The Gap operates stores in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Ireland, and Japan.
- Hanwha SolarOne (HSOL): Needham downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Hanwha SolarOne Co., Ltd., formerly Solarfun Power Holdings Co., Ltd., is a manufacturer of silicon ingots, photovoltaic (PV) cells and PV modules.
- Advanced Energy (NASDAQ:AEIS): Needham downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Hold. About the company: Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. manufactures power conversion and control systems used in plasma-based thin film production equipment. The Company’s systems are integrated in semiconductor, data storage, flat panel display, and other industrial manufacturing equipment that utilize gaseous plasmas to deposit or etch thin film layers on materials or substrates such as silicon and glass.
- KiOR (KIOR): Robert W. Baird downgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Underperform and changed its price target to $13. About the company: KiOR, Inc. (KiOR) is development- stage company. KiOR is a renewable fuels company, which has developed a technology platform to convert non-food biomass into hydrocarbon-based oil.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>