Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Baxter International Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PAULSON MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,220,500 shares, worth $349,218,870.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 911,195 shares, worth $51,154,487.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 794,313 shares, worth $44,592,732.
- TURNER INVESTMENT PARTNERS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 773,963 shares, worth $43,450,283.
- HUSSMAN ECONOMETRICS ADVISORS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 400,000 shares, worth $22,456,000.
About the company: Baxter International Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets products and technologies related to hemophilia, immune disorders, infectious diseases, kidney disease, trauma and other chronic and acute medical conditions. The Company’s products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors’ offices, and research laboratories.
Competitors to Watch: Covidien plc (NYSE:COV), C.R. Bard, Inc. (NYSE:BCR), ICU Medical, Incorporated (NASDAQ:ICUI), Teleflex Incorporated (NYSE:TFX), Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP), CryoLife, Inc. (NYSE:CRY), Becton, Dickinson and Co. (NYSE:BDX), CareFusion Corporation (NYSE:CFN), Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE:HAE), and NxStage Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTM).
(Note: Data regarding Baxter International Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>