Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of BB & T Corp. (NYSE:BBT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought BB & T Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Bible Daryl N.: act as CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/10/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $101,800.
- Glover J Littleton Jr: act as Director. On 08/26/2011, bought 2,500 shares, worth $51,900.
- Skains Thomas E: act as Director. On 08/10/2011, bought 2,500 shares, worth $51,500.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of BB & T Corp. in Q3 2011:
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 553,561 shares, worth $11,724,422.
- PHILADELPHIA FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT OF SAN FRANCISCO, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 541,800 shares, worth $11,475,324.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 443,167 shares, worth $9,386,277.
- HUNTER GLOBAL INVESTORS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 400,000 shares, worth $8,472,000.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 389,524 shares, worth $8,250,118.
About the company: BB&T Corporation operates banking offices in the Carolinas, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Indiana, Washington D.C., Florida and Tennessee. The Company and its subsidiaries offer full-service commercial and retail banking, as well as insurance, retail brokerage, corporate finance, international banking, leasing, and trust services.
Competitors to Watch: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP), Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN), First Security Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSGI), and First Citizens BancShares Inc. (NASDAQ:FCNCA).
(Note: Data regarding BB & T Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>