Big Cap Capital Goods Stocks With Major Institutional Ownership
Following is information on some large cap Capital Goods companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX): Institutional investors own 83.89% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $74.37 and its market capitalization is $67,580,980,000.00. About the company: United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and support services to customers in the aerospace and building industries worldwide. The Company’s products include aircraft engines, elevators and escalators, heating and air conditioning equipment, helicopters, aerospace systems, fuel cell systems, and fire and safety equipment.
- 3M Company (NYSE:MMM): Institutional investors own 69.49% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $82.23 and its market capitalization is $58,430,780,000.00. About the company: 3M Co. conducts operations in electronics, telecommunications, industrial, consumer and office, health care, safety, and other markets. The Company’s businesses share technologies, manufacturing operations, brands, marketing channels, and other resources. 3M serves customers in countries located around the world.
- Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE:CAT): Institutional investors own 67.01% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $89.55 and its market capitalization is $57,732,220,000.00. About the company: Caterpillar Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets construction, mining, agricultural, and forestry machinery. The Company also manufactures engines and other related parts for its equipment, and offers financing and insurance. Caterpillar distributes its products through a worldwide organization of dealers.
- The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA): Institutional investors own 72.47% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $63.09 and its market capitalization is $46,755,460,000.00. About the company: The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters and space and missile systems.
- Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE:HON): Institutional investors own 82.49% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $48.69 and its market capitalization is $38,096,290,000.00. About the company: Honeywell International Inc. is a diversified technology and manufacturing company with operations around the world. The Company provides aerospace products and services, control technologies, automotive products, and power generation systems. Honeywell also provides specialty chemicals, fibers, plastics, and electronic and advanced materials.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>