Big Cap Stocks Reaching 52-Week Highs as Investors Await Unemployment Report
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 13 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO): 0% to $70.45. The Coca-Cola Company manufactures, markets, and distributes soft drink concentrates and syrups. The Company also distributes and markets juice and juice-drink products. Coca-Cola distributes its products to retailers and wholesalers in the United States and internationally.
- Companhia de Bebidas Das Americas (AMBEV) (NYSE:ABV): Down 1.77% to $35.01. Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) produces beer, soft drinks, teas, mineral water, and sports drinks. The Company’s main brands are Antarctica, Brahma, and Skol. AmBev is the sole distributor of Pepsi products in Brazil.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE:BMY): Down 0.2% to $29.69. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company is a global biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products. The Company’s products and experimental therapies address cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis, organ transplant rejection and psychiatric disorders.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation (NYSE:KMB): Down 0.55% to $68.78. Kimberly-Clark Corporation is a global health and hygiene company that manufactures and provides consumer products. The Company’s products include diapers, tissues, paper towels, incontinence care products, surgical gowns, and disposable face masks. Kimberly-Clark’s products are sold in countries around the world.
- Enbridge Inc. (NYSE:ENB): Up 0.54% to $33.25. Enbridge Inc. provides energy transportation, distribution, and related services in North America and internationally. The Company operates a crude oil and liquids pipeline system, is involved in international energy projects, and is involved in natural gas transmission and midstream businesses. Enbridge also distributes natural gas and electricity, and provides retail energy products.
- Public Storage (NYSE:PSA): Down 2.01% to $121.24. Public Storage is a real estate investment trust. The trust’s principal business activities include the acquisition, development, ownership and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States. Public Storage also own an equity interest in an owner and operator of self-storage facilities in Europe.
- American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP): Down 0.67% to $38.37. American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP)is a public utility holding company. The Company provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. (NYSE:BRFS): Up 0.51% to $19.90. BRF-Brasil Foods SA is a food processor in Latin America. The Company raises chickens to produce poultry products. Brasil Foods also processes frozen pastas, soybeans and their derivatives, and distributes frozen vegetables. The Company’s core business is chilled and frozen food. The Company has offices in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc. (NYSE:PEG): Down 1.85% to $33.50. Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated is a public utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates, transmits, and distributes electricity and produces natural gas in in the Northeastern and Mid Atlantic United States.
- PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): Down 0.55% to $28.72. PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
- Progress Energy Inc. (NYSE:PGN): Down 0.55% to $48.53. Progress Energy, Inc. is an integrated electric utility that provides energy and energy-related products and services in the Southeast United States. The Company serves electric and gas customers in the Carolinas and in Florida.
- AutoZone Inc. (NYSE:AZO): Up 1.64% to $312.05. AutoZone, Inc. is a specialty retailer of automotive replacement parts and accessories. The Company offers an extensive product line for cars, sport utility vehicles, vans and light trucks, including new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, maintenance items, accessories and non-automotive products. Autozone operates in United States and Puerto Rico, and Mexico.
- Eldorado Gold Corp. (NYSE:EGO): Up 2.52% to $20.36. Eldorado Gold Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company currently has operating gold mines in Brazil, China, Turkey, Greece, and surrounding regions.