Big Cap Stocks Scoring 52-Week Price Highs as Dow Jones Climbs 162 Points
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 19 stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE:WMT): Up 1.16% to $57.37. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The Company’s discount stores and supercenters offer merchandise such as apparel, housewares, small appliances, electronics, and hardware. Walmart’s markets offer a full-line supermarket and a limited assortment of general merchandise. The Company operates nationally and internationally.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): Up 1.86% to $44.83. GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders
- Enterprise Products Partners LP (NYSE:EPD): Up 1.86% to $45.36. Enterprise Products Partners L.P. provides processing and transportation services to producers and consumers of natural gas liquids. The Company generally processes products that are ultimately used as feedstocks in petrochemical manufacturing, in the production of motor gasoline, and as fuel for residential and commercial heating.
- National Grid plc (NYSE:NGG): Up 1.08% to $51.42. National Grid PLC owns, operates and develops electricity and gas networks. The Group’s electricity transmission and gas distribution networks are located throughout the United Kingdom and in the north-eastern section of the United States. They also own liquefied natural gas storage facilities in Britain and provide infrastructure services to the mobile telecom industry.
- Simon Property Group Inc. (NYSE:SPG): Up 2.05% to $123.59. Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-administered and self-managed, real estate investment trust. The Company owns, develops, and manages retail real estate properties including regional malls, outlet centers, community/lifestyle centers, and international properties.
- Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB): Up 9.4% to $116.92. Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP (NYSE:KMP): Up 1.3% to $77.83. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., is a pipeline transportation and energy storage company. The Company operates pipelines and terminals. The pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide and other products; and its terminals store petroleum products and chemicals, and handle bulk materials like coal and petroleum coke.
- Precision Castparts Corp. (NYSE:PCP): Up 0.8% to $172.63. Precision Castparts Corp. is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. The Company manufactures large, complex structural investment castings and airfoil castings used in jet aircraft engines. Precision has also expanded into the industrial gas turbine, industrial metal working tools and machines, and other metal products markets.
- ACE Limited (NYSE:ACE): Up 2.9% to $71.00. ACE Limited is the holding company for the ACE Group of Companies, a property and casualty insurance business. The Group provides a diversified range of products and services to clients through operations in countries around the world. ACE provides specialty insurance and reinsurance products.
- Public Storage (NYSE:PSA): Up 1.83% to $124.69. Public Storage is a real estate investment trust. The trust’s principal business activities include the acquisition, development, ownership and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States. Public Storage also own an equity interest in an owner and operator of self-storage facilities in Europe.
- El Paso Corp. (NYSE:EP): Down 0.2% to $25.50. El Paso Corporation operates natural gas pipeline and storage facilities, transports natural gas, and imports liquefied natural gas. El Paso also explores for and produces natural gas. The Company has operations in the United States, Brazil, and Egypt.
- American Electric Power Co., Inc. (NYSE:AEP): Up 0.39% to $38.80. American Electric Power Company, Inc.(NYSE:AEP)is a public utility holding company. The Company provides electric service, consisting of generation, transmission and distribution, on an integrated basis to their retail customers. AEP serves portions of the states of Arkansas, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Spectra Energy Corp. (NYSE:SE): Up 2.24% to $28.78. Spectra Energy Corporation transmits, stores, distributes, gathers, and processes natural gas. The Company provides transportation and storage of natural gas to customers in various regions of the northeastern and southeastern United States, the Maritime Provinces in Canada and the Pacific Northwest in the United States and Canada, and the province of Ontario, Canada.
- Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ): Up 1.07% to $57.50. Williams Partners LP is a master limited partnership that owns natural gas gathering, transportation, processing and treating assets.
- Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG): Down 1.21% to $39.87. Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- iShares iBoxx $ Invest Grade Corp Bond (NYSE:LQD): Down 0.07% to $114.02. iShares iBoxx $ Investment Grade Corporate Bond Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks results that correspond to the price and yield performance of a segment of the US investment grade corporate bond market as defined by the iBoxx $ Liquid Investment Grade Index. The Index measures the performance of a fixed number of investment grade corporate bonds.
- Edison International (NYSE:EIX): Up 1.14% to $39.98. Edison International, through its subsidiaries, develops, acquires, owns, and operates electric power generation facilities worldwide. The Company also provides capital and financial services for energy and infrastructure projects, as well as manages and sells real estate projects. Additionally, Edison provides integrated energy services, utility outsourcing, and consumer products.
- Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:MMI): Up 0.23% to $38.90. Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. provides advanced mobile media solutions and multi-screen technologies. The Company develops products that include consumer mobile phones, business-ready smartphones accessories, cordless phones, and home networking products.
- ONEOK Partners, L.P. (NYSE:OKS): Up 1.25% to $50.41. ONEOK Partners, L.P., through a subsidiary limited partnership, owns a general partner interest in a master limited partnership. The partnership owns an interstate pipeline system that transports natural gas primarily in the upper Midwest and Mid Continent regions of the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>