Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about stocks that hit 52-week lows in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. (NYSE:IVN): Down 9.12% to $14.55. Ivanhoe Mines Ltd. explores for and develops mineral and metal properties in Asia and Australia. The Company explores for gold and copper at the Oyu Tolgoi mine in southern Mongolia; and holds interests in companies that mine coal in Mongolia, molybdenum and rhenium in Australia, and gold at the Kyzyl Gold Project in Kazakhstan.
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR): Up 0.79% to $19.10. Juniper Networks, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure solutions for Internet service providers and other telecommunications service providers. The Company offers network infrastructure solutions that includes IP routing, Ethernet switching, security and application acceleration solutions.
- MedcoHealth Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS): Up 1.77% to $48.78. Medco Health Solutions, Inc. is a pharmacy benefit manager. The Company provides programs and services for its clients and the members of their pharmacy benefit plans, and for the physicians and pharmacies the members use.
- Mosaic Co. (NYSE:MOS): Up 1.84% to $58.76. The Mosaic Company produces and distributes crop nutrients to the agricultural communities located in North America and other countries. The Company’s principal products include concentrated phosphates, and potash.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (NYSE:PBR): Up 3.81% to $23.97. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras explores for and produces oil and natural gas. The Company refines, markets, and supplies oil products. Petrobras operates oil tankers, distribution pipelines, marine, river and lake terminals, thermal power plants, fertilizer plants, and petrochemical units. The Company operates in South America and elsewhere around the world.
- Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR-A): Up 3.83% to $21.94.
- Panasonic Corporation (NYSE:PC): Down 0.74% to $9.37. Panasonic Corporation manufactures electric and electronic products. The Company produces home appliances, audio & video, computer peripherals, telecommunications, industrial equipment, and electronic parts. Panasonic has associated companies around the world.
- POSCO (NYSE:PKX): Up 0.01% to $77.94. POSCO manufactures various types of steel products. The Company produces hot rolled steel, cold rolled steel, stainless steel, and other forms of steel. The products are mainly used for automobile, construction, and shipbuilding industries.
- Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE:SID): Up 3.17% to $8.46. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional S.A. (CSN) manufactures iron and steel in Brazil. The Company operates mines, an integrated steel mill, service centers, ports, and railroads. CSN manufactures and distributes hot-rolled, cold-rolled, and galvanized steel products to the automobile, auto parts, civil construction, electrical equipment, and packaging industries.
- Sun Life Financial Inc. (NYSE:SLF): Up 2.11% to $23.71. Sun Life Financial Inc. is an international financial services organization providing a diverse range of wealth accumulation and protection products and services. The Company provides insurance, mutual funds, annuities, pensions, investment management, trust services, and banking services. Sun Life serves individuals and corporate customers worldwide.
- Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd. (NYSE:SLT): Up 0.61% to $9.88. Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd. manufactures a wide range of electrical wires and related products. The Company’s products include copper cathodes, continuous cast copper rods, power transmission line aluminum conductors, sulphuric acid and phosphoric acid. Sterlite Industries also manufactures zinc and lead products.
- Sasol Ltd. (NYSE:SSL): Up 3.29% to $41.44. Sasol is an integrated oil and gas company with substantial chemical interests, with production facilities located in South Africa, Europe, North America and Asia. The Company operates commercial scale facilities to produce fuels and chemicals from coal in South Africa, and is developing ventures internationally to convert natural gas into clean diesel fuel.
- Teck Resources Limited (NYSE:TCK): Up 0.9% to $30.22. Teck Resources Ltd. is an integrated natural resource group with activities in mining, smelting, and refining. The Company mines zinc, copper, molybdenum, gold, and metallurgical coal in the United States, Canada, Peru, and Chile. Teck also produces refined metals, specialized metal products, and other products.
- Talisman Energy Inc. (NYSE:TLM): Up 5.32% to $13.27. Talisman Energy Inc. is an independent oil and gas producer. The Company has operations in North America, the North Sea, and Indonesia. Talisman is also conducting exploration in Southeast Asia, Algeria, Qatar, Colombia and Trinidad.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE:VALE): Up 0.21% to $24.04. Vale SA produces and sells iron ore, pellets, manganese, alloys, gold, nickel, copper, kaolin, bauxite, alumina, aluminum, and potash. The Company is based in Brazil, where it owns and operates railroads and maritime terminals.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Co. Ltd. (NYSE:YZC): Down 3.37% to $21.79. Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited operates underground mining and coal preparation and operation businesses. Its products are sold in domestic and international markets. The Company also provides railway transportation services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from FINVIZ.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>