Big Companies Just Reaching 52-Week Stock Price Highs as S&P Surges Higher
Here are stocks that hit 52-week highs in today’s trading. Note that this list excludes all stocks with a market capitalization less than $10 billion:
- Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX): Up 1.77% to $40.19. Starbucks Corporation retails, roasts, and provides its own brand of specialty coffee. The Company operates retail locations worldwide and sells whole bean coffees through its sales group, direct response business, supermarkets, and on the World Wide Web. Starbucks also produces and sells bottled coffee drinks and a line of ice creams.
- Coach Inc. (NYSE:COH): Up 3.22% to $65.99. Coach, Inc. designs, produces, and markets primarily leather goods. The Company’s products include handbags, business cases, men’s and women’s accessories, luggage and travel accessories, leather outerwear, and gloves. Coach, together with a licensing partner, offers watches, footwear, furniture, and eyewear.
- Exelon Corp. (NYSE:EXC): Up 1.19% to $43.35. Exelon Corporation is a utility services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries distributes electricity to customers in Illinois and Pennsylvania. Exelon also distributes gas to customers in the Philadelphia area as well as operates nuclear power plants in states that include Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Johnson Controls Inc. (NYSE:JCI): Up 1.78% to $42.40. Johnson Controls, Inc. markets automotive systems and building controls. The Company supplies seating systems, interior systems, and batteries. Johnson Controls also provides building control systems and services, energy management, and integrated facility management, as well as provides batteries for automobiles and hybrid electric vehicles.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE:LMT): Up 1.24% to $81.97. Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security company that primarily researches, designs, develops, manufactures, and integrates advanced technology products and services. The Company’s businesses span space, telecommunications, electronics, information and services, aeronautics, energy, and systems integration. Lockheed Martin operates worldwide.
- Dominion Resources, Inc. (NYSE:D): Up 1.49% to $48.99. Dominion Resources, Inc., a diversified utility holding company, generates, transmits, distributes, and sells electric energy in Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. The Company produces, transports, distributes, and markets natural gas to customers in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC): Up 2.67% to $76.93. Norfolk Southern Corporation provides rail transportation services. The Company transports raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the Southeast, East, and Midwest and, via interchange with rail carriers, to and from the rest of the United States. Norfolk Southern also transports overseas freight through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports
- Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC): Up 1.87% to $79.50. Time Warner Cable Inc. offers cable television subscription services. The Company also offers Internet access and voice over Internet protocol telephone services.
- Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE:YUM): Up 2.73% to $56.75. Yum! Brands, Inc, owns and franchises quick-service restaurants worldwide. The Company develops, operates, franchises and licenses a worldwide system of restaurants which prepare, package and sell a menu of food items.
- Rogers Communications Inc. (NYSE:RCI): Up 0.46% to $39.70. Rogers Communications, Inc. is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. The Company’s activities include wireless voice and data communications services over its national GSM and HSPA networks; cable television, telephony and high speed Internet access services over its broadband networks; and radio and TV broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines, and sports entertainment.
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (NYSE:APD): Up 0.91% to $96.45. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. produces industrial gas and related industrial process equipment. The Company also produces and markets polymer chemicals, performance chemicals, and chemical intermediates. Air Products recovers and distributes oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, synthesis gas, and helium, as well as medical and specialty gases.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC): Up 1.41% to $70.33. Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global security company. The Company provides systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company (NYSE:BDX): Up 3.63% to $89.30. Becton, Dickinson and Company manufactures and sells a variety of medical supplies and devices and diagnostic systems. The Company’s products are used by health care professionals, medical research institutions, and the general public. Becton’s products are marketed worldwide.
- Franklin Resources Inc. (NYSE:BEN): Up 2.26% to $134.26. Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
- Equity Residential (NYSE:EQR): Up 2.25% to $61.35. Equity Residential is a real estate investment trust. The trust acquires, develops, and manages apartment complexes in the United States.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE:MMC): Up 1.12% to $31.54. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Marsh & McLennan offers analysis, advice, and transactional capabilities to clients worldwide
- General Growth Properties Inc. (NYSE:GGP): Up 0.18% to $16.72. General Growth Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company owns, operates, leases, acquires and expands enclosed regional shopping mall centers throughout the United States. The REIT, with its operating partnership also has unconsolidated equity interests in other regional mall companies.
- PPL Corporation (NYSE:PPL): Up 0.68% to $28.02. PPL Corporation is an energy and utility holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in the northeastern and western United States, and markets wholesale and retail energy primarily in the northeastern and western portions of the United States, and delivers electricity in Pennsylvania and the United Kingdom.
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH): Up 1.98% to $46.32. Cardinal Health, Inc. provides complementary products and services to healthcare providers and manufacturers. The Company’s services include pharmaceutical distribution, health-care product manufacturing, distribution and consulting services, drug delivery systems development, pharmaceutical packaging, automated dispensing systems manufacturing, and retail pharmacy franchising.
- Boston Properties Inc. (NYSE:BXP): Up 1.57% to $107.83. Boston Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The trust owns, manages, and develops office properties in the United States, with a significant presence in Boston, Washington, D.C., Midtown Manhattan and San Francisco.
- Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NYSE:NLY): Up 0.89% to $18.20. Annaly Capital Management Inc. is a real estate investment trust which owns and manages assets and funds on behalf of institutional and individual investors worldwide. The Company manages a portfolio of mortgage backed securities, including mortgage pass through certificates, collaterized mortgage obligations, and other securities.
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISRG): Up 1.76% to $378.65. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. design, manufactures and markets surgical systems. The Company’s surgical system controls Intuitive Surgical endoscopic instruments, including rigid endoscopes, blunt and sharp endoscopic dissectors, scissors, scalpels, forceps/pickups, needle holders, endoscopic retractors, electrocautery, ultrasonic cutters, and accessories during surgical procedures.
- Bed Bath & Beyond, Inc. (NASDAQ:BBBY): Up 1.75% to $59.39. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. operates a nationwide chain of retail stores. The Company, through its retail stores, sells a wide assortment of merchandise principally including domestics merchandise and home furnishings as well as food, giftware, health and beauty care items and infant and toddler merchandise.
- Cia Energetica de Minas Gerais (NYSE:CIG): Up 0.58% to $20.76. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais- CEMIG generates, transmits, and distributes electricity in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais. Cemig serves industrial, commercial, residential, and rural customers. The Company generates electricity primarily through hydroelectric plants.
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!