Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Owens & Minor Inc. (NYSE:OMI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Owens & Minor Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PIONEER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 476,042 shares, worth $13,557,676.
- KENNEDY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 377,441 shares, worth $10,749,520.
- INVESTMENT COUNSELORS OF MARYLAND LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 295,350 shares, worth $8,411,568.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 84,726 shares, worth $2,412,996.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 80,754 shares, worth $2,299,874.
About the company: Owens & Minor, Inc. distributes medical/surgical supplies throughout the United States. The Company’s customers include hospitals, integrated healthcare systems, and group purchasing organizations. Owens & Minor also provides services in supply chain management, logistics, and technology.
Competitors to Watch: PSS World Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:PSSI), Chindex Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:CHDX), Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), McKesson Corporation (NYSE:MCK), AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC), Lincare Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:LNCR), and White Dental Supply Inc (WITD).
(Note: Data regarding Owens & Minor Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>