Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Loews Corporation (NYSE:L).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Loews Corporation in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,479,300 shares, worth $154,491,057.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 486,836 shares, worth $16,790,974.
- COVE STREET CAPITAL, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 218,880 shares, worth $7,549,171.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 197,826 shares, worth $6,823,019.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 183,968 shares, worth $6,345,056.
About the company: Loews Corporation is a diversified holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is involved in a variety of businesses including commercial property-casualty insurance, offshore drilling, natural gas exploration and production, operation of natural gas pipeline systems, and the operation of hotels and resorts.
Competitors to Watch: CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE:CNA), The Chubb Corporation (NYSE:CB), The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV), W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB), Markel Corporation (NYSE:MKL), American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), American Intl. Group, Inc. (NYSE:AIG), Old Republic Intl. Corp. (NYSE:ORI), Cincinnati Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:CINF), and RLI Corp. (NYSE:RLI).
(Note: Data regarding Loews Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>