Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE:R).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Ryder System, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,434,564 shares, worth $128,109,237.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 294,559 shares, worth $10,987,051.
- BRC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 276,699 shares, worth $10,320,873.
- NEWLAND CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 189,361 shares, worth $7,063,165.
- BALYASNY ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 118,800 shares, worth $4,431,240.
About the company: Ryder System, Inc. provides a continuum of logistics, supply chain, and transportation management solutions worldwide. The Company’s offerings range from full-service leasing, commercial rental and maintenance of vehicles to integrated services. The Company also offers comprehensive supply chain solutions, logistics management services, and e-Commerce solutions.
Competitors to Watch: Pacer International, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACR), J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:JBHT), Northgate plc (NYSE:NTG), Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HUBG), Avis Budget Group Inc. (NYSE:CAR), AMERCO (NASDAQ:UHAL), UTi Worldwide Inc. (NASDAQ:UTIW), Expeditors Intl. of Washington (NASDAQ:EXPD), Hub Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:HUBG), Roadrunner Transportation Services Hold. (NYSE:RRTS), Echo Global Logistics, Inc. (NASDAQ:ECHO), Vitran Corp., Inc. (NASDAQ:VTNC), FedEx (NYSE:FDX), United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS).
(Note: Data regarding Ryder System, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>