Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Morgan Stanley’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Rosenthal James A: act as COO. On 07/22/2011, sold 8,000 shares, worth $189,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Morgan Stanley in Q3 2011:
- FAIRHOLME CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 11,964,700 shares, worth $273,871,983. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 8,225,024 shares, worth $188,270,799. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLOBAL THEMATIC PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 6,678,536 shares, worth $152,871,689. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIKING GLOBAL INVESTORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 6,104,957 shares, worth $139,742,466. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LANSDOWNE PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 4,446,676 shares, worth $101,784,414. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business.
Competitors to Watch: Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB), UBS AG (NYSE:UBS), Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (NYSE:MTU), Piper Jaffray Companies (NYSE:PJC), Jefferies Group, Inc. (NYSE:JEF), and General Electric Company (NYSE:GE).
(Note: Data regarding Morgan Stanley’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>