Big Stock Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades: CSCO, CONN, TPLM, ETP, PAA, SXL, LAZ, LUX, DTEGY
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies for which stock analysts either upgraded or downgraded shares on September 9th.
- Conns (NASDAQ:CONN): Caris & Company upgraded their rating on this stock from Average to Above Average and changed their price target from $7 to $10. About the company: Conn’s, Inc. is a specialty retailer of home appliances and consumer electronics through stores in Texas and Louisiana, and via its website. Conn’s also offers home office equipment, lawn and garden products, and other home products such as bedding.
- Triangle Petroleum (AMEX:TPLM): Northland Securities upgraded their rating on this stock from Market Perform to Outperform and changed their price target to $10.5. About the company: Triangle Petroleum Corp. is an oil and gas exploration company. The Company is focused on the acquisition and development of acreage in the Williston Basin in North Dakota and the development and exploitation of its existing asset base in the Maritimes Basin in Nova Scotia.
- Cisco Systems (NASDAQ:CSCO): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded their rating on this stock from Underperform to Sector Perform and changed their price target from $14 to $17. About the company: Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- Energy Transfer (NYSE:ETP): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded their rating on this company from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed their price target from $53 to $54. About the company: Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. owns and operates a diversified portfolio of energy assets. The Company’s operations include natural gas gathering and transportation pipelines, with natural gas treating and processing assets located in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Energy Transfer markets propane from retail locations in various states across the United States.
- Plains All Amer (NYSE:PAA): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded their rating on this company from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed their price target from $69 to $73. About the company: Plains All American Pipeline, L.P. is involved in interstate and intrastate crude oil pipeline transportation and crude oil terminalling storage activities. The Partnership is also involved in gathering and marketing activities. Plains owns and operates a seasonally heated, common carrier crude oil pipe-line extending from CA to TX and an oil gathering system in CA.
- Sunoco Logistics (NYSE:SXL): RBC Capital Mkts upgraded their rating on this company from Sector Perform to Outperform and changed their price target from $88 to $99. About the company: Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. acquires, owns, and operates a group of refined product and crude oil pipelines and terminal facilities.
- Lazard (NYSE:LAZ): Ticonderoga downgraded its rating on this company from Buy to Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Lazard Ltd provides domestic and international financial advisory services and global transaction execution to corporations, partnerships, institutions, governments, and individuals. The Company’s services include mergers and acquisitions, capital markets execution, asset management, and real estate investment banking.
- Luxottica (NYSE:LUX): HSBC Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Neutral to Underweight. No price target was given. About the company: Luxottica Group S.p.A. and its subsidiaries design, manufacture, distribute, and market traditional and designer eyeglass frames and sunglasses. The Company’s LensCrafter retail chain of optical stores operates in North America. Luxottica distributes its products around the world. The Company also sells sunglasses through its Sunglass Hut retail chain.
- Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY): HSBC Securities downgraded its rating on this company from Overweight to Neutral. No price target was given. About the company: Deutsche Telekom AG is a Germany-based integrated telecommunications provider offering its customers around the world a portfolio of services in the areas of telecommunications and information technology.
(Note: Data on stock ratings are sourced from Briefing.com via the Wall St. Journal. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>