Big Stock Price Movers July 8th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Arch Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:ARJ): Up +11.27%. Arch Chemicals, Inc. manufactures specialty chemicals and provides value-added products and services to various industries. The Company produces microelectronic chemicals, water chemicals, and performance chemicals.
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Up +8.06%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- Linkedin Corporation (NYSE:LNKD): Up +5.98%. LinkedIn Corporation operates a social networking website used for professional networking. The Company’s website allows members to post a profile of their professional expertise and accomplishments. LinkedIn allows members to be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and subject experts.
- Southern Copper Corporation (NYSE:SCCO): Up +5.92%. Southern Copper Corporation conducts mining operations in Peru and Mexico. The Company owns and operates open pit mines and metallurgical complexes that produce copper, molybdenum, zinc, and precious metals.
- Western Refining, Inc. (NYSE:WNR): Up +5.42%. Western Refining, Inc., through a subsidiary, refines crude oil and markets petroleum products. The subsidiary primarily produces gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. The products are marketed in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas in the United States, and Juarez, Mexico.
- Aeroflex Holding Corp. (NYSE:ARX): Down -17.6%. Aeroflex Holding Corporation designs and manufactures radio frequency and microwave integrated circuits. The circuits are used in the production of wireless communications equipment for the space, avionics, defense, commercial wireless communications, medical and other markets.
- Autoliv Inc. (NYSE:ALV): Down -10.82%. Autoliv, Inc. develops and manufactures automotive safety systems for automotive manufacturers. The Company’s products include seat belts, airbags, anti-whiplash seats, child restraints, and leg protection equipment. Autoliv tests cars and products at crash test tracks in several countries.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS): Down -6.4%. Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. is a sporting goods retailer that operates stores primarily in the eastern and central United States. The Company’s stores offer a broad selection of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear.
- Eagle Materials, Inc. (NYSE:EXP): Down -6.33%. Eagle Materials Inc. manufactures and distributes cement, gypsum wallboard, recycled paperboard, and concrete and aggregates. The Company’s products are used in the construction of homes, commercial and industrial buildings, and governmental buildings across the United States.