Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Valassis Communications, Inc. (NYSE:VCI): Up +16.18%. Valassis Communications, Inc. is a media and marketing services company serving a wide range of industries. The Company and its subsidiaries offer products and services to mass or targeted audiences by mail, in newspapers and stores, and online. Valassis also offers coupon redemption and management; promotion and sweepstakes security; and frequent shopper data collection and analysis.
- CARBO Ceramics Inc. (NYSE:CRR): Up +15.07%. CARBO Ceramics Inc. produces and supplies ceramic proppants for use in the oil and gas industry. The Company also provides foundry metal casting, and industrial mineral grinding. Carbo has manufacturing plants located worldwide.
- Fortinet, Inc. (NASDAQ:FTNT): Up +14.47%. Fortinet Inc. provides network security solutions. The Company offers network security appliances and related software, and subscription services. Fortinet systems integrate the industry’s broadest suite of security technologies, including firewall, VPN, antivirus, intrusion prevention (NYSE:IPS), Web filtering, antispam, and traffic shaping.
- Gen-Probe Incorporated (NASDAQ:GPRO): Up +13.47%. Gen-Probe Incorporated develops, manufactures, and commercializes diagnostic products based on its genetic probe technologies. The company’s products are used for the clinical diagnosis of human diseases and for screening donated human blood. Clinical diagnostic products are marketed to laboratories and public health institutions in the United States and Canada.
- Shutterfly, Inc. (NASDAQ:SFLY): Up +12.31%. Shutterfly, Inc. operates an e-commerce Internet website. The website offers a wide range of photo-related products and services for social expression and personal publishing.
- 3D Systems Corporation (NASDAQ:TDSC): Down -17.65%. 3D Systems Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets solid imaging systems designed to rapidly produce three-dimensional objects from computer-aided design and manufacturing-generated solid or surface data. The Company utilizes its systems to produce models, engineering prototypes, mold patterns, and other parts using CAD/CAM or other data supplied by its customers.
- Akamai Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKAM): Down -14.74%. Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides global delivery services for Internet content, streaming media, and applications and global Internet traffic management. The Company uses technology and software based on mathematical formulas and algorithms to monitor Internet traffic patterns. Akamai Earnings Cheat Sheet: Double-Digit Sales Growth Highlights Demand>>
- Teradyne, Inc. (NYSE:TER): Down -12.36%. Teradyne, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and supports semiconductor test products and services on a world wide basis. The Company’s test equipment products and services include: semiconductor test systems, military/aerospace test instrumentation and systems, circuit-board test and inspection systems and automotive diagnostic and test systems. Teradyne Earnings: Guidance Not as Bright as Quarter>>
- Arris Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARRS): Down -9.93%. Arris Group Inc. is a global communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband local access networks. The Company develops, manufactures, and supplies optical transmission, cable telephony and Internet access, outside plant construction, and maintenance equipment for cable system operators.
- Ferro Corporation (NYSE:FOE): Down -9.77%. Ferro Corporation produces performance materials for industry by utilizing organic and inorganic chemistry. The Company produces a variety of coatings, colors, ceramics, chemicals, plastics, and related products. The Company’s primary markets are building and renovation, major appliances, household furnishings, transportation, industrial products, packaging, and leisure products.