Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOR): Up +12.2%. Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. develops and commercializes novel central nervous system-focused therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs. The Company’s primary product is a natural source adrenocorticotropic hormone indicated for the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, as well as a number of other conditions.
- Nevsun Resources (AMEX:NSU): Up +9.34%. Nevsun Resources Ltd. is a mineral exploration and development company. The Company mines for gold in Ghana and Mali, Africa.
- Universal Display Corporation (NASDAQ:PANL): Up +8.71%. Universal Display Corporation is a member of the United States Display Consortium. The consortium is a cooperative industry/government effort aimed at developing an infrastructure to support a North American flat panel display infrastructure. The Company and its partners are developing high-resolution, full color, light weight Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology.
- Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE:THO): Up +6.64%. Thor Industries, Inc. produces and sells a wide range of recreation vehicles, as well as small and mid-size buses. The Company markets its products through independent dealers located throughout the United States and Canada. Thor’s products are sold under the Airstream Classic, Dutchmen, Skamper, Infinity, Four Winds, Citation, Signature, and other names.
- Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE): Up +6.52%. Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Down -3.27%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down -6.81%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
- Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU): Up +0.5%. Sohu.com Inc. operates an Internet portal in China. The Company’s Web site consists of Chinese language Web navigational and search capabilities, Web-based communications services, and a platform for e-commerce services.
- Kronos Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:KRO): Up +2.18%. Kronos Worldwide, Inc. produces titanium dioxide pigments. The Company’s products are used to whiten, brighten, and add opacity to thousands of commonly used products, such as paints, plastics, inks, and cosmetics.
- Zipcar, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZIP): Up +2.94%. Zipcar, Inc. offers car sharing services. The Company provides self-service vehicles in reserved parking spaces convenient to where their members live and work. Members can reserve cars by the hour or day for rates that include fuel, insurance and other costs. Zipcar operates in certain metropolitan areas and college campuses in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada.