Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- El Paso Corporation (NYSE:EP): Up +24.81%. El Paso Corporation operates natural gas pipeline and storage facilities, transports natural gas, and imports liquefied natural gas. El Paso also explores for and produces natural gas. The Company has operations in the United States, Brazil, and Egypt.
- Brigham Exploration Company (NASDAQ:BEXP): Up +21.05%. Brigham Exploration Company, an independent exploration and production company, applies 3-D seismic imaging and other technologies to explore and develop onshore domestic natural gas and oil resources. The Company’s exploration activities are concentrated primarily in the Anadarko Basin, the Gulf Coast, the Williston Basin, and the west Texas region of the United States.
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:SNDA): Up +14.49%. Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd, operates online games in China. The Company offers a portfolio of online games that users play over the Internet. Shanda’s games are licensed from third parties as well as developed in-house.
- Charm Communications Inc (NASDAQ:CHRM): Up +7.75%. Charm Communications Inc. operates a television advertising agency in China. The Company places advertisements for clients on a broad array of television channels, including CCTV and satellite and regional television channels and, on a smaller scale, on other media platforms, including Internet and out-of-home media.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (NYSE:KOS): Up +7.51%.
- Bank of Ireland (NYSE:IRE): Down -17.11%. The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides a range of banking, life insurance and other financial services to customers in Ireland and United Kingdom. Services include branch banking, personal and business loans, loan insurance, mortgages, foreign exchange, correspondent banking, credit cards and stockbroking.
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): Down -11.73%. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO): Down -11.44%. Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Down -10.69%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE): Down -10.49%. Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>