Most active stocks in mid-day trading include:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): Volume is 80.96 million. Its market cap is $87.21 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM): Volume is 57.00 million. Its market cap is $14.40 billion. About the company: Research In Motion Limited (RIM) designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The Company provides platforms and solutions for access to email, phone, SMS messaging, Internet, and Intranet-based applications.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): Volume is 52.09 million. Its market cap is $107.26 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO): Volume is 34.88 million. Its market cap is $82.45 billion. About the company: Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S): Volume is 34.66 million. Its market cap is $15.32 billion. About the company: Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F): Volume is 31.85 million. Its market cap is $48.27 billion. About the company: Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT): Volume is 30.43 million. Its market cap is $202.99 billion. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices.
- PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ): Volume is 28.39 million. Its market cap is $45.45 billion. About the company: PowerShares QQQ is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund represents undivided ownership interests in the PowerShares QQQ. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq 100 Index.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC): Volume is 26.51 million. Its market cap is $112.94 billion. About the company: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells computer components and related products. The Company’s major products include microprocessors, chipsets, embedded processors and microcontrollers, flash memory products, graphics products, network and communications products, systems management software, conferencing products, and digital imaging products.
- iShares Russell 2000 Index (NYSE:IWM): Volume is 24.98 million. Its market cap is $16.41 billion. About the company: iShares Russell 2000 Index Fund is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the performance of the Russell 2000 Index Fund. The Index measures the performance of the small-capitalization sector of the U.S. equity market. The Fund uses a Representative Sampling strategy to try to track the Index.
Father’s Day is Approaching June 19th: Make Your Father the Rich Dad with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s Winning Newsletter!