Biggest Stock Percentage Movers August 29th
- National Bank of Greece (NYSE:NBG): Up +37.72%. National Bank of Greece S.A. offers retail and corporate banking services. The Bank accepts deposits and offers loans, lease financing, mortgages, and investing and insurance services to industrial, commercial, and consumer clients. National Bank of Greece operates domestically and overseas.
- Northgate Minerals Corporation (AMEX:NXG): Up +27.94%. Northgate Minerals Corporation is a gold and copper mining company. The Company has mines in areas of Canada and Australia.
- Direxion Daily Small Cp Bull 3X Shs (NYSE:TNA): Up +14.32%. Direxion Daily Small Cap Bull 3X Shares is and exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the price performance of the Russell 2000® Index (“Small Cap Index”). The Fund invests in at least 80% of its net assets in the equity securities that comprise the Small Cap Index.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc. (NYSE:DRC): Up +13.6%. Dresser-Rand Group, Inc. manufactures equipment for the oil and natural gas industries. The Company manufactures oil and gas production, high-pressure field injection, pipeline, refinery, natural gas processing, and petrochemical production equipment.
- DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ:DRYS): Up +13.19%. DryShips Inc. owns and operates drybulk carriers. Commodities transported by the Company consist of major bulks, which include iron ore, coal, and grain, and minor bulks such as bauxite, phosphate and steel products. The Company also owns Ultra Deep Water Rigs.
- AuRico Gold Inc (NYSE:AUQ): Down -18.46%.
- Giant Interactive Group Inc (NYSE:GA): Down -8.24%. Giant Interactive Group Inc. develops online games. The Company focuses on multiplayer online, or MMO, games that are played through networked game servers in which players are able to simultaneously connect and interact.
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSE:VXX): Down -6.26%. iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN is an exchange-traded note issued in the USA. The Note will provide investors with a cash payment at the scheduled maturity or early redemption based on the performance of the underlying index, the S&P 500 Short-Term VIX Futures TR Index.
- ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (NYSE:SDS): Down -5.72%. UltraShort S&P500 ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500 Index.