Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG): Up +12.73%. MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiary, provides private mortgage insurance coverage in the United States. The Company’s customers include thrifts, mortgage bankers and brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and other lending institutions. The Company also provides, through subsidiaries, underwriting and contract services related to home mortgage lending.
- VirnetX Holding Corporation (AMEX:VHC): Up +12.16%. Virnetx Holding Corporation is developing and commercializing software and technology solutions for securing real-time communications over the Internet.
- Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (NYSE:KCI): Up +11.02%. Kinetic Concepts, Inc. designs, manufactures, markets, and services products that accelerate the healing process or prevent complications of wounds. The Company’s products include specialty hospital beds, and mattress replacements.
- Sodastream International Limited (NASDAQ:SODA): Up +8.78%. SodaStream International Ltd. manufactures home beverage carbonation systems, which enable consumers to transform tap water into carbonated soft drinks and sparkling water. The Company develops, manufactures and sells soda makers and exchangeable carbon-dioxide (CO2) cylinders, as well as consumables, consisting of CO2 refills, reusable carbonation bottles, and flavors.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up +7.96%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO): Down -7.24%. Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments.
- WMS Industries Inc. (NYSE:WMS): Down -6.93%. WMS Industries Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and leases gaming machines and video lottery terminals. The Company’s products are distributed throughout the United States and internationally.
- Great Plains Energy, Inc. PRFD ‘A’ (NYSE:GXP-A): Down -6.44%.
- AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASIA): Down -5.82%. AsiaInfo-Linkage Inc. provides telecommunications software solutions in China. The Company provides a full range of telecommunications software solutions including network infrastructure, operation support systems, and service applications to China’s telecommunications carriers.