Biggest Stock Price Percentage Movers November 1st
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Forest Oil Corporation (NYSE:FST): Up +10.29%. Forest Oil Corporation is involved in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil in North American and international locations. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in the United States, including Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming, and in Canada.
- Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS): Up +9.36%. Pharmasset, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company. The Company develops oral therapeutics for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B (HBV), and hepatitis C (HCV).
- ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT): Up +7.24%. ITT Corporation designs and manufactures a variety of engineered products. The Company produces pumps, systems, and services to measure and control water and other fluids. ITT also supplies military defense systems, including night vision devices, secure communication systems, and avionics, in addition to providing electrical interconnects, and data storage and PC cards.
- Acme Packet, Inc. (NASDAQ:APKT): Up +6.41%. Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers for Internet service providers. The Company’s products consist of hardware and proprietary software that allow service providers to deliver interactive communications services such as voice over Internet protocol.
- Bridgepoint Education, Inc. (NYSE:BPI): Up +6.09%. Bridgepoint Education, Inc. is a regionally accredited provider of postsecondary education services. The Company offers associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in the disciplines of business, education, psychology, social sciences, and health sciences.
- General Cable Corporation (NYSE:BGC): Down -20.44%. General Cable Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes copper, aluminum, and fiber optic wire and cable products for the communications, electrical, and energy markets. The Company operates around the world.
- ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): Down -14%. ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -12.5%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- MicroStrategy Incorporated (NASDAQ:MSTR): Down -11.56%. MicroStrategy Incorporated provides business intelligence software and related services. The Company’s technology platform enables departments and enterprises to deploy Web-based reporting and analysis solutions. MicroStrategy also offers consulting, training, and support services. Solutions are provided to retail, finance, telecommunications, insurance, dot-com, and healthcare industries.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd (NYSE:QIHU): Down -10.34%. Qihoo 360 Technology Co Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products in the People’s Republic of China. The Companys products include an Internet security product for Internet security and system optimization; an anti-virus application to protect users’ computers against trojan horses, viruses, worms, adware, and other forms of malware; and a mobile smartphone security program.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>