Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:LVLT): Up +1%. Level 3 Communications, Inc. provides telecommunications and information services, including local, long distance, and data transmission. The Company also provides other enhanced communications and Internet services, and is involved in coal mining businesses.
- Select Comfort Corp. (NASDAQ:SCSS): Up +17.74%. Select Comfort Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets a line of air bed mattresses with adjustable firmness, as well as foundations and accessories. The Company’s products are sold through retail stores located across the United States and through its national direct marketing operations.
- Great Plains Energy, Inc. PRFD ‘A’ (NYSE:GXP-A): Up +13.35%.
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:RVBD): Up +10.39%. Riverbed Technology, Inc. manufactures and markets appliances used to connect computers in wide area networks.
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMLN): Up +9.86%. Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines for diabetes and obesity. The Company’s marketed products include treatments for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Polycom, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLCM): Down -23.68%. Polycom, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets a line of video, voice, data and web conferencing collaboration solutions. The solutions include enterprise video and voice communications end-points, network infrastructure, management products, product maintenance and other professional services.
- Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX): Down -14.48%. Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company which explores, develops, and acquires oil and natural gas properties. The Company operates in the Gulf of Mexico, in the onshore United States Gulf Coast, within the North Sea, within Malaysia, and in the Bohai Bay in China.
- Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS): Down -8.04%. Cohen & Steers, Inc. manages portfolios specializing in global real estate securities, large cap value stocks, listed infrastructure, and preferred securities, as well as alternative investment strategies for qualified investors. The firm serves individual and institutional investors around the world through a broad range of investment vehicles.
- Polypore International, Inc. (NYSE:PPO): Down -7.92%. Polypore International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets specialized polymer-based membranes used in separation and filtration processes. The Company serves customers globally with manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Ingersoll-Rand PLC (NYSE:IR): Down -7.53%. Ingersoll-Rand PLC is a diversified, global company that provides a diverse range of products and services for a wide range of industries. The Company’s operations include consist of air conditioning systems and services, climate control technologies, industrial technologies and security technologies.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>