Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Ecolab Inc. (NYSE:ECL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Ecolab Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Gates William H Iii: act as . On 08/23/2011, bought 1,783,486 shares, worth $86,392,100.
- Gates William H Iii: act as . On 08/24/2011, bought 1,393,800 shares, worth $68,811,900.
- Gates William H Iii: act as . On 08/25/2011, bought 1,016,000 shares, worth $50,413,900.
- Gates William H Iii: act as 10% Owner. On 08/26/2011, bought 901,150 shares, worth $45,246,700.
- Gates William H Iii: act as 10% Owner. On 08/31/2011, bought 754,386 shares, worth $40,216,300.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Ecolab Inc. in Q3 2011:
- DAVIS SELECTED ADVISERS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,917,578 shares, worth $191,530,388.
- DAVIDSON KEMPNER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,100,000 shares, worth $102,669,000.
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,691,713 shares, worth $82,707,849.
- FINDLAY PARK PARTNERS LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,526,350 shares, worth $74,623,252.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 757,469 shares, worth $37,032,659.
About the company: Ecolab Inc. develops and markets products and services for the hospitality, institutional, and industrial markets. The Company provides cleaning, sanitizing, pest elimination, and maintenance products, systems, and services. Ecolab provides its services to hotels and restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, light industry, and other customers located worldwide.
Competitors to Watch: Ocean Bio-Chem, Inc. (NASDAQ:OBCI), Zep, Inc. (NYSE:ZEP), PURE Bioscience (NASDAQ:PURE), Rollins, Inc. (NYSE:ROL), Proctor & Gamble (NYSE:PG), The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX) and Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD).
(Note: Data regarding Ecolab Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>