Biogen Idec: Funds Supporting Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Biogen Idec Inc. in Q3 2011:
- NAVELLIER & ASSOCIATES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 408,450 shares, worth $38,047,118.
- PARTNER FUND MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 230,846 shares, worth $21,503,305.
- SOROS FUND MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 201,000 shares, worth $18,723,150.
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 200,200 shares, worth $18,648,630.
- COMMERZBANK AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT /FI: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 199,341 shares, worth $18,568,614.
About the company: Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
Competitors to Watch: Elan Corp., plc (NYSE:ELN), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Genzyme Corporation (NASDAQ:GENZ), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), and Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY).
(Note: Data regarding Biogen Idec Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>