Biogen Idec: Insiders and Funds Selling Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Biogen Idec Inc. (NASDAQ:BIIB).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Biogen Idec Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Young William: act as Director. On 09/01/2011, sold 35,000 shares, worth $3,325,000.
- Young William: act as Director. On 09/27/2011, sold 33,250 shares, worth $3,196,700.
- Posner Brian S: act as Director. On 08/29/2011, sold 15,000 shares, worth $1,388,000.
- Scangos George A: act as CEO. On 07/20/2011, sold 12,347 shares, worth $1,315,100.
- Young William: act as Director. On 08/29/2011, sold 10,000 shares, worth $925,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Biogen Idec Inc. in Q3 2011:
- LSV ASSET MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 298,200 shares, worth $31,883,544. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIRTUS INVESTMENT ADVISERS, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 180,000 shares, worth $19,245,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LOOMIS SAYLES & CO L P: On 06/30/2011, held 167,538 shares, worth $17,913,163. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 129,000 shares, worth $13,792,680. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 108,697 shares, worth $11,621,883. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Biogen Idec Inc. develops, manufactures, and commercializes therapies, focusing on neurology, oncology, and immunology. The Company’s products addresses diseases such as multiple sclerosis, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn’s disease, and psoriasis.
Competitors to Watch: Elan Corp., plc (NYSE:ELN), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Genzyme Corporation (NASDAQ:GENZ), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), and Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY).
(Note: Data regarding Biogen Idec Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>