BMC Software: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Buys in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of BMC Software Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought BMC Software Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- James Stephan A: act as Director. On 11/03/2011, bought 2,827 shares, worth $100,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of BMC Software Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,905,687 shares, worth $73,483,291.
- ROBECO INSTITUTIONAL ASSET MANAGEMENT B.V.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 959,500 shares, worth $36,998,320.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 389,926 shares, worth $15,035,547.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 125,980 shares, worth $4,857,789.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 111,592 shares, worth $4,302,988.
About the company: BMC Software, Inc. provides management solutions for mainframe and distributed information technology systems. The Company’s portfolio of software solutions spans enterprise systems, applications, databases and IT process management. BMC also provides maintenance and support for its products and performs software implementation, integration and education services for its customers.
Competitors to Watch: Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), CA, Inc. (NASDAQ:CA), Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:QSFT), Compuware Corporation (NASDAQ:CPWR), SAP AG (NYSE:SAP), and Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ).
(Note: Data regarding BMC Software Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>