Boeing Co. Says Orders for its Dreamliner 787 Are Down
Despite a Chinese airline canceling 24 orders for Boeing‘s (NYSE:BA) long-delayed Dreamliner 787, the company maintains that its overall order book for the new airplane remains strong. Analysts suspect that Airbus, Boeing’s main rival, is using the delays as leverage to win over customers formerly committed to Boeing products.
Following is some stock price performance information for Boeing and some of the other companies in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Boeing (NYSE:BA): The shares recently traded at $61.78 and have traded in a 52-week range of $56.01 to $80.65. Its market capitalization is $45.78 billion. About the company: The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, develops, produces, and markets commercial jet aircraft, as well as provides related support services to the commercial airline industry worldwide. The Company also researches, develops, produces, modifies, and supports information, space, and defense systems, including military aircraft, helicopters and space and missile systems.
- Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT): The shares recently traded at $74.72 and have traded in a 52-week range of $66.36 to $82.43. Its market capitalization is $25.08 billion. About the company: Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security company that primarily researches, designs, develops, manufactures, and integrates advanced technology products and services. The Company’s businesses span space, telecommunications, electronics, information and services, aeronautics, energy, and systems integration. Lockheed Martin operates worldwide.
- Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC): The shares recently traded at $53.84 and have traded in a 52-week range of $49.20 to $72.50. Its market capitalization is $14.97 billion. About the company: Northrop Grumman Corporation is a global security company. The Company provides systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, shipbuilding and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN): The shares recently traded at $41.97 and have traded in a 52-week range of $38.35 to $53.12. Its market capitalization is $14.84 billion. About the company: Raytheon Company operates in defense, homeland security and other government markets. The Company provides electronics, mission systems integration in the areas of sensing, effects, command, control, communications and intelligence systems, and mission support services. Raytheon provides products and systems worldwide.
- Honeywell International, Inc. (NYSE:HON): The shares recently traded at $47.70 and have traded in a 52-week range of $41.22 to $62.28. Its market capitalization is $37.32 billion. About the company: Honeywell International, Inc. is a diversified technology and manufacturing company with operations around the world. The Company provides aerospace products and services, control technologies, automotive products, and power generation systems. Honeywell also provides specialty chemicals, fibers, plastics, and electronic and advanced materials.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>