Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Boyd Gaming Corp. (NYSE:BYD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Boyd Gaming Corp. in Q3 2011:
- SCOPUS ASSET MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 720,000 shares, worth $6,264,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 500,900 shares, worth $4,357,830. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 350,181 shares, worth $3,046,575. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BRANDYWINE GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 328,031 shares, worth $2,853,870. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SHANNON RIVER FUND MANAGEMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 305,000 shares, worth $2,653,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Boyd Gaming Corporation owns and operates several gaming properties throughout the United States. The Company also operates entertainment, restaurants, shopping, and recreational facilities on its properties.
Competitors to Watch: MGM Resorts International. (NYSE:MGM), Wynn Resorts, Limited (NASDAQ:WYNN), Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS), Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc (NYSE:PNK), Century Casinos, Inc. (NASDAQ:CNTY), Ameristar Casinos, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASCA), Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ:MCRI), Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. (NASDAQ:AERL).
(Note: Data regarding Boyd Gaming Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>