Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Brightpoint Inc. (NASDAQ:CELL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Brightpoint Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ludwig John J: act as EVP & CFO Brightpoint Americas. On 11/02/2011, sold 6,345 shares, worth $63,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Brightpoint Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 227,000 shares, worth $1,840,970. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 188,656 shares, worth $1,530,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VTL ASSOCIATES, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 93,508 shares, worth $758,350. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARROWSTREET CAPITAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 81,961 shares, worth $664,704. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BAILARD, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 54,600 shares, worth $442,806. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Brightpoint, Inc. provides worldwide distribution and integrated logistics services to the wireless communications industry. The Company’s distribution services include purchasing, marketing, selling, warehousing, packing, and delivery of wireless handsets and accessories. Brightpoint’s logistics services include inventory management, telemarketing, and private labeling, among others.
Competitors to Watch: TESSCO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TESS), InfoSonics Corporation (NASDAQ:IFON), Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM), Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE:ARW), Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), ADDvantage Tech. Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEY), Motorola Mobility Hldgs. Inc (NYSE:MMI), Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:TECD), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), Sprint (NYSE:S), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), AT&T (NYSE:T), Nokia (NYSE:NOK), and SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX).
(Note: Data regarding Brightpoint Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>