Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Brightpoint Inc. (NASDAQ:CELL).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Brightpoint Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ridge Thomas J: act as Director. On 08/22/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $80,800.
- Ridge Thomas J: act as Director. On 08/09/2011, bought 5,000 shares, worth $39,200.
- Levy John F: act as Director. On 11/16/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $10,100.
- Levy John F: act as Director. On 08/11/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $7,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Brightpoint Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CADENCE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 505,460 shares, worth $4,660,341.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 324,333 shares, worth $2,990,350.
- ACT II MANAGEMENT, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 129,300 shares, worth $1,192,146.
- GREAT NORTHERN ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 123,726 shares, worth $1,140,754.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 86,368 shares, worth $796,313.
About the company: Brightpoint, Inc. provides worldwide distribution and integrated logistics services to the wireless communications industry. The Company’s distribution services include purchasing, marketing, selling, warehousing, packing, and delivery of wireless handsets and accessories. Brightpoint’s logistics services include inventory management, telemarketing, and private labeling, among others.
Competitors to Watch: TESSCO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:TESS), InfoSonics Corporation (NASDAQ:IFON), Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM), Arrow Electronics, Inc. (NYSE:ARW), Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), ADDvantage Tech. Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:AEY), Motorola Mobility Hldgs. Inc (NYSE:MMI), Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ:TECD), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), Sprint (NYSE:S), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), AT&T (NYSE:T), Nokia (NYSE:NOK), and SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE:SNX).
(Note: Data regarding Brightpoint Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>