Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Broadcom Corp. (NASDAQ:BRCM).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Broadcom Corp. in Q3 2011:
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,026,484 shares, worth $200,019,004.
- CAPITAL RESEARCH GLOBAL INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 4,685,000 shares, worth $155,495,150.
- WESTFIELD CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,505,002 shares, worth $116,331,016.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,161,980 shares, worth $38,566,116.
- KINGDON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 780,000 shares, worth $25,888,200.
About the company: Broadcom Corporation provides integrated silicon solutions that enable broadband digital data transmission of voice, data, and video content to the home and within the business enterprise. The Company designs, develops, and supplies integrated circuits for cable set-top boxes, cable modems, high-speed networking, direct satellite and digital broadcast, and digital subscriber line.
Competitors to Watch: QUALCOMM, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOM), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI), NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA), Marvell Tech. Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Entropic Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENTR), PMC-Sierra, Inc. (NASDAQ:PMCS) and Zoran Corporation (NASDAQ:ZRAN).
(Note: Data regarding Broadcom Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>